Saturday, September 02, 2006

GPS.RADAR Software InkShow

When it comes to Origami devices it seems that GPS and in-car solutions are almost a natural progression. Even I had fun this week playing with a UMPC and a car-media setup (but more about that on another post).

Today Iwant to share with you the latest of the GottaBeMobile InkShows, and the first from their very own Matt Faulkner. In this ScreenCast he is talks UMPC.GPS via GPS.RADAR [Origami Edition by JGUI Professional].

I hope you enjoy this Software InkShow.

  • Watch the InkShow (15:55 minutes, 86mb, .wmv streaming or direct download.)
  • Visit the JGUI website
  • Freeware trial edition will run until the end of November 2006

Snipping:

GPS.RADAR Origami Edition was created to make use of the portability of a UMPC. With this program you can attach your USB or Bluetooth GPS unit and get a file that will load directly into Google Earth or Google Maps. The interface is very easy to use with buttons that are perfect for touch or pen. While this is still an early Beta program, I didn’t have any problems getting things up and running.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This kinda stuff is getting to be like crack for me! I just recieved my GPS Bluetooth device in the mail the other day and have it linked with my ThinkPad. But I keep staring at the car mount kit Samsung has. That'd make one heck of a sexy car media player/mapping device.

What kind of car kit did you get the chance to mess with?

Hugo Gaston Ortega said...

Hi Gordon,

I'm glad that you're an addict! LOL. As far as my setup went how's this:

Sahara i215 Touch Slate
Car Mounted with this
And connected to it via this Powered VESA plate


How do you like that? I'll disclose my software of choice in a later blogpost as it is something I am working on...

Anonymous said...

Hugo,

Awesome! Heh...The mounting kit looks like something out of War of the Worlds. :)

Darn Eastern seaboard. Hurricane Earnesto just slid up our area and took my power out. Being the geek I am though I'm on with the T60p and my T-Mo EDGE card. I REALLY wish I could get work to pay for EVDO. EDGE is sloowwwwww.

Lookin' forward to seeing your blogpost later. Assuming power is back on. :)