Saturday, June 16, 2007

blogging from my lounge

It's Saturday night and I'm catching up on some vlogs and blogs from throughout the week. I've been on the couch (using the OQO model 02) for the last couple of hours and I thought it would be an opportune moment to post my top five Positives and Negatives of the device. I’ve been a fulltime user for several weeks and I’m getting to know its idiosyncrasies pretty well. Maybe some of my thoughts will resonate with OQO owners, or others, so I would love to hear your thoughts.

Time to do a top 5 on the OQO model 02

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugo glad to hear that you really like the OQO 02. I have a quick question regarding the inking on the OQO. Could you do a VLOG using some inking and how well or how not so well it works using OneNote and Journal. If you could do some samples of inking long notes. I really like that the OQO has the keyboard that slides out. I'm using the Q1P which I had for the past 6 months and works great for all my inking, email, web, remote connection to the office computers to fix settings etc... This OQO would in my opion work great for Remote Desktop because I use to use it with my PPC-6700 (Apache) mobile phone to quickly repair or upload files to the server at office or computers. I will be keeping a eye out for the HTC Shift which I think would work great for me. Reason is because of the 7" screen and built in keyboard. I do have the organizer pack for the Q1P and also have Stowaway BT keyboard that works great. Keep up the good work. Let me know what you think of the up coming HTC Shift.

HG

Hugo Gaston Ortega said...

Hi Hector,

Thanks for the great comment. Like you I am waiting for the next device and the Shift is one I have my eye on. You want to know my opinion which makes me think that you missed this post: Will Hugo Shift?. I do think it will tick a lot of boxes.

WRT Inking on the OQO I will get something up for you. I think it is worth doing as lots of folks have been asking. Until then however look here as one of my readers Kenrick posted a nice JPG about it.

I like the idea of using this device for dedicated purposes. It is something I am a big fan of.