Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Australia’s Tablet Guy takes to the air...again


Don't try this at home folks!

Tomorrow I am off to Perth. Believe it or not Australia is so big that it will take me 5.5 hours to get to Perth and I will cross two Time Zones on the way!!! Yes, it’s that big. The purpose of the visit is to conduct two days training for one of the world's leading mining and exploration companies. They have called me in as “Australia’s Tablet Guy” and boy are they in for a show. I have done lots of these types of events and look forward to conducting it in this unique environment. (Do you think I can talk to them about Al Gore n’ stuff...LOL.)

In brief, I just want to share with you the list of devices I am taking with me: Samsung Q1B, Samsung Q1P (Vista), Samsung Q1 Ultra (Vista), EO i7210 (and Dock), Eo TufTab V7112XT, ASUS R2H, Raon Digital Vega, Sahara i440D, and more...

The family getting some rest before their flight!

(and here)

9 comments:

Saravana Kumar Paulraj said...

cound you throw some thoughts on the eo-7112XT with vista...

How would you rate if you are to cpmpare with Q1u-V???

Anonymous said...

Hugo...you got a eo TuffTab in? How Tuff is it? Still rekon there's a market for these in communication aids.

Good luck in the West.

Scott Sanders said...

Hey Hugo The company is not BHP, is it? I work for them in the USA and know many of the folks in Perth. Good Luck!

Sean Tan said...

I live in Perth. I'm sure you will enjoy your stay here. Hope it will be nice and relaxing when you aren't doing the training sessions.

Where are you staying? I want to come by and steal one of your UMPCs :D jk

Paul V said...

Hey Sean, I held all of them in my hands. Absolutely fascinating how technology has shrunk everything to a portable size. Can't wait to get mine now.

Paul

Gabriel Gonzalez said...

just WOW!

Hugo Gaston Ortega said...

@SKP:

Hi SKP. I find it a little strange that you want me to compare the TufTab against the Q1 Ultra. They are very different machines all together. One (TufTab) is heavey, strong, sturdy; while the Q1 Ultra is refined, sexy and sleek.

@Dave:

Hi Dave. WRT the TufTab it is about as Tuf as the spelling suggests (gimick mate). It is not rugged as much as it is semi-tough. While my comment might sound negative it actually is not. The device is rugged enough for a lot of uses including your suggested use. It is not a Panasonic ToughBook but nor is it billed as such. I like this device and it actually feels really good in hand. Becasue it has some rugged features (including shock mounted HDD) I think this has lot sof potential in Australia.

@Scott:

Hi Scott! You might be upset with me but it's not BHP, it's R.T.

Either way I'm loving your industry maate - so much potential for UMPC it's not funny! Don't be afraid to send some links to folks in the Sydney office and I will be happy to consult there too.

@Sean Tan:

Hi Sean! Stay away!!! I'm at the Royal Can'tFindMe resort! LOL.


@Paul V:

Hi Paul,

It looks as though you're closer than you think to having one mate...can't wait to see the photos of you geeking out on these devices!

@Gabriel:

Hola Gabi! Si, no!?!?

Anonymous said...

Hugo-

I heart all your devices. That being said, everytime the husband says "why do you need ANOTHER computer" I just think of all of yours. I am going to print this out to show there is another person with more money than common sense (the highest compliment!)

Anonymous said...

wedding dresses
Bridesmaid Dresses
Mother Of The Bride Dresses
Flower Girl Dresses