Wednesday, February 07, 2007

David vs. Goliath

This blog is slowly turning into reality blogging! I'm now in the Singapore (free) internet lounge and uploading an image taken only 2hours ago (on the plane). The image is of fellow MVP, James McCutcheon, and I as we make our way outbound from Sydney to Singapore., and head to China

The thing I like about this photo is the David vs. Goliath battle that went on between our laptops. On one side their is James with a 17" Dell beast (2hrs battery life) and on he other the Samsung 7" Q1B with 9hrs battery life using a 6 Cell battery! I know which one I'd rather...LOL

Post soon from Beijing! [thanks for your comments, I'll try and answer later]

taken on Flight SQ221 - Syd to Beijing

and yes, that is a computer James has...not a Cinema!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL... Yeah I thought James brought his Plasma TV for minute there... Hugo, so does your Q1B get 9 hrs of battery life using the 6 cell? Is that under Vista or Tablet Edtion 2005? I have the Q1P with 6 Cell and noticed a drop in battery life using Vista to 5:49 vs Tablet 2005 where it would show between 6:50 to 7:25. I did send Kevin a email over at JKonTheRun and he also noticed the battery times are less. Keep us posted when you can.

Hector Gomez
HG

Hugo Gaston Ortega said...

Hi Hector,

I will make this short as I need to sleep and it is 4am! The 6 cell gave me 10 hours (indicated) when I sat in the plane. After 3 hours of on and off usage I still had over 7.5 on the indicator.

Now I am running Vista, it is a Q1B, I did have it on Power Saver mode...and I did shut it down in between boot ups (so not in sleep mode)...see if this helps!

HG said...

Wow that is great battery proformance makes me think I should of picked up the Q1B instead of the Q1P. Thanks for the reply and I also use the power save mode when on battery thats good enough proformance doing word, email, and web browsing. For us in California its going to be 10:00 A.M. so good Microsoft meeting later on.