Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Tablet at Hurrican Katrina

I've just finished with Bill Gates and am feeling pretty good. The buzz you get from sharing time with Bill, and with such a variety of "experts" from all over the world is absolutley awesome. I'll post a little video later that will show just how much Bill G loves the Tablet.

In other news, I am about to go into my first session but while I was sitting with Rob Bushway and Dennis Rice we had a SharePoint MVP come up to me and talk Tablet. What attracted him was the Samsung Q1 (which he had never seen before) as I was using WiFi and typing emails via my Organsier Pack he couldn't help but tap me on the shoulder and ask, "what is that!"

That may not sound relevant but it turns out this guy is a Tablet user that was involved in rescue in New Orleands, Hurrican Katrina. His business, k9search.com he is activley involved. Turns out his use of a Tablet coupled with GPS and Streets and Trips he was able to BETTER assist the rescue...cool.

Read Here: The use of Microsoft technologies to support search operations following hurricane Katrina

Snipping:

Technology touches our daily lives in so many ways that most of us have become complacent about how we work and use common applications. In disaster situations search teams are called upon to assist in rescue and recovery operations under extreme conditions. While these teams use specialized training and tools to perform many of their tasks, they also use common Microsoft applications to complete their missions.

I'm off to the MVP Summit sessions now (real time - NOW) and will talk to you guys again soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugo that's great that Q1 organizer is a great thing. I use it daily along with my ThinkOutside keyboard; depending on what am working on I use either the bluetooth keyboard or the pack. Hugo let us know what you think of the Q2 it should be out there where you're at.Also keep those VLOGS coming good luck.

HG

Hugo Gaston Ortega said...

Hi Hector,

It is so cool mate. It si the Organizer Pack that has drawn me to the Q1. If the truth be known I would not be as enamored with it if it wasn't for the OP.

Q2...stay tuned.

lezbiyen said...

Creation means progress! Nice work!