Now I think many of you know that Dr.Neil and I are close friends that share a tremendous passion for the Tablet PC. In case you didn't know it was he that got me into Blogging and now another Redmond Tableteer has joined the club.
Today I saw that Matt Faulkner had announced Gavin Gear’s Tech Blog – a Microsoft software engineer working with the InkAnalysis API. For all of you that are Developers and considering the Tablet SDK I think there is no time like the present. Here is a run down of his current links:
- How To: Perform asynchronous handwriting recognition with the RecognizerContext object
- How To: Perform basic handwriting recognition with the RecognizerContext object
- How To: Using Recognition Alternates in the Tablet PC SDK using RecognizerContext
- How To: Create a basic Windows Forms based Ink application in C#
- Getting started with Tablet PC Application development using the Tablet PC Platform SDK 1.7
He's definitely on my RSS feeds! Welcome Gavin, feel free to flick links my way that you need promoted.
Hi: My name is Gavin Gear, and I'm a Software Engineer (Write test code) currently working on the Microsoft Tablet PC Platform SDK. Specifically, I've been working on the new InkAnalysis API which incorporates layout analysis of ink, and handwriting recognition in one seamless API.
I'm planning on using this blog site primarily to discuss Tablet PC specific software development topics, as well as other software development topics and Tablet PC/Mobile PC/UMPC topics.