Friday, July 14, 2006

Operating System Tablet PC Recovery on UMPC

Not much to share here except that the experience was rather painless. With most installations taking between 45 – 90 minutes this recovery was a treat. Not only did I get the whole thing done in under 20 minutes but even better it only involved one disc and a couple of clicks of the mouse. One idiosyncrasy that I noticed while performing this installation was the loss of the touchscreen throughout the process. I didn’t bother plugging in a mouse because the manufacturer chose to allow the EO joystick to keep working up until the touchscreen driver gets called up…cool.

Here’s a photo of the GUI that I thought was rather nice; reminds me of the DOS days. Gone is the lovely XP GUI, replaced only by this. Cheapskates.



No comments: