My friend Lora Heiny runs a Mobility Newsletter with a team of passionate and efficient Mobile lovers. I’ve known Lora for a while now so when the opportunity came to help her back I just had to take up the call to arms.
As part of my "Australia's Tablet Guy Adventures" I have joined the team of writers coming out of Redmond. As some of us know there are lots of newsletters that come out of the Microsoft Office in Redmond of which several are pertinent to our cause; of the others we either don't read them or don't receive them. What I like about the newsletters is that they're targeted at particular audiences and therefore give the reader the power to pick and choose - I hate generic newsletters.
This month my contribution revolved around Australian UMPC reseller Apex MobileTech. Since they are resellers of the Tablet PC Distributor Tegatech Australia Apex were able to release screenshots of their new UMPC-specific software. See the article here, here, or here!
By using this link, and your Microsoft IM login, you can pick and choose which communities you need information from. I’ve signed up to:
Mobile PC News - ISV Edition
- Published monthly, the Mobile PC News - ISV Edition focuses on mobile PC developer and marketing resources. It also includes updates on notebook, Tablet PC, and Ultra-Mobile PC hardware models, developer articles, events, software applications, and ISV partner news.
Microsoft Hardware Newsletter (US, XX)
- News for manufacturers and developers about beta and final product releases, specifications for new technologies, and updates to the Windows Hardware and Driver Central web site.
MCP News Flash
- A monthly news brief of Microsoft certification program updates, including exam announcements and special promotions.
Microsoft for Partners Newsletter Registered Edition (AU)
- Keep in the loop of what's happening in the Partner Program at a registered partner level. This fortnightly newsletter informs you of the latest product and program updates, beta availability, training and special offers available only to partners.
Insider Update (US, XX)
- Keep up-to-date with news and information that can help you get more out of your computer, both at home and at work.
I highly recommend that you pay the site a visit and use some of the services; surely from the list they provide you can attain some new and exciting resource for your daily grind!