The Attic Bar, at the ArtHouse Hotel in Sydney, saw guest speaker Hugo 'Poogie' Ortega run a workshop called frontiers in filmmaking.
While this was it's first session it has since become an annual calendar event for NAFA. View the promotional PDF here.
NAFA (Networking Action For Actors) originally characterised a group of pro-active actors who decided to do something about the perceived lack of opportunities in the industry. The group began by organizing monthly forums based on the ideas of networking and education. It soon realized the importance of linking-up with filmmakers and writers, a mutually beneficial move that has resulted in many collaborative film projects. In fact NAFA has been revised to stand for Networking Action for Filmmakers & Actors.
Poogie was called in to display the latest technology in relation to the filmmaking industry, a task he took a little too seriously ;-)
- 2x Apple G5 PowerMacs - dual 2.3GHz with 2.0 gigabytes of ram in each and 500GB Hard Drive capacity;
- 2x 23" Apple Cinema Displays;
- 1x Sony SD 42" Plasma Display (yes 42"); Sony Z1 HDV Camera;
- 2x Sahara Tablet PC's (2 tablets of only 10 of their kind in Australia);
- Unwired internet, wireless router, VOIP Telephony (which decided not to work on the evening) and much more...
While Uber.Poogie was pleased to have the opportunity to share some key features of new technology he did not fail to take the microphone and once again preach TABLET! The room full of budding Actors, Producers and Directors were in awe of the hand writing capabilities and the sheer sexiness of the device.
NAFA has invited Poogie to present the 'Frontiers in Filmmaking' session again this year - and yes I'm certain that Tablet PC will be featured once more.
Photos of the evening may be viewed at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nafa/sets/763279/
- Were you at the NAFA event that evening?
- Do Tablet PC have a space in the Movie Industry?