This is the blog post I've been wanting to write for quite some time. As Australia's Tablet Guy (not pharmeceuticals) I am blessed with "first looks" at almost everything that comes Downunder. On this occassion it's the ASUS R2H and the ASUS R1...no joke:
You could almost expect another cheesy grin from this Australian Exclusive - FIRST IN AUSTRALIA TO HOLD TOUCH SMELL FEEL THE R2H UMPC.
"I love being a geek"
31st October 5pm Update:
It’s with much pleasure that I can report a couple of quick findings:
- The R2H does in fact support palm rejection technology (lean and write),
- GPS is standard,
- The weight is heavier than the Samsung Q1 and yet lighter than the EO V7110,
- The Touchscreen sensitivity is about the same as the EO V7110, in that it requires a good push or a fingernail/pen to mark an XY coordinate. It also means that navigation with finger only is not that pleasurable (another thumb cracker for DialKeys),
- The camera is very crisp at 1.3MP,
- The simple stand is nice but does not support height adjustments – one angle only,
- The pen is very nice as it is adjustable in length and has a nice metal feel about it,
- Not much heat although I did have it on for only 40 minutes, or so.
I think this is a very promising device. With lots of ASUS PCB happiness built-in this device will surely suit road warriors, business corporate types, and geeks alike.
I’ll post a video review shortly although regrettably I could not hold onto this device as it is one of only three in Australia at present.